| ||Information || |
|ID Number: ||1211-WV04-40524-01 |
|View Quick Emergency Plan |
|View Detailed Emergency Plan (PDF) |
|Owner: ||Coal-Mac, Inc. Dba Phoenix Coal-Mac Mining, Inc. |
Other impoundments listed for this owner
|Height: ||330 ft. |
|Maximum Capacity:> ||2,800 acre-feet |
|Latitude: ||37°45'24 |
|Longitude: ||82°04'45 |
|Inspections: ||weekly |
|DEP Classification: ||Class C Dam |
|Last Revision: ||2/16/2002 |
|Emergency Numbers: ||N/A |
(N/A) -N/AExt. null
|Additional Information: || Detailed Interactive Map (When using the interactive map be sure to maximize the window, click find on the top menu, and then simply type in the name of the impoundment you are interested in. Next, click the button entitled find string. Finally, click the linked number to the left of the impoundment name.) |
|Remarks: ||On 10/15/03, ownership was transferred from Falcon Land to Coal-Mac, Inc. Dba Phoenix Coal-Mac Mining, Inc.. We are currently in the process of obtainng the most recent Emergency Warning Plan.
| ||Quick Emergency Plan || |
Location: HOLDEN LOGAN, WV
Impoundment Identification Number: 1211-WV04-40524-01
- N/A - (N/A) -N/A Ext. null
- Mine Safety and Health Administration Hotline
- Logan County Sheriff's Department - (304) 792-8590
- Logan County Office of Emergency Services - (304) 752-3845
In Case of Evacuation
- In an emergency evacuation, affected residents will be notified and given instruction by the Logan County Sheriff's Department. Notification will be given personally or by loudspeaker or bullhorn. Citizens are requested to follow the evacuation routes identified on the map shown.
- The Office of Emergency Services will be the agency in charge once evacuation procedures have begun.
- Citizens should report to the evacuation center at the Stirrat Community Church.
- Transportation will be provided to those evacuees who are in need of it. This will be the responsibility of the Logan County Office of Emergency Services, Sheriff's Department, Board of Education, and the WV State Police.
Actions and Responsibilities of First Responders in Case of Evacuation
- Notification of downstream persons.
- Transportation of evacuees with priority to the infirm or disabled.
- Everyone living or working downstream of the impoundment as indicated will be asked to evacuate.
- Setup roadblocks around the evacuation area as shown on the map to prevent unauthorized access and looting.
- Establish evacuation center at the Stirrat Community Church,
- The Logan County Office of Emergency Services shall have charge of the evacuation center to ensure that all evacuees have registered and that all inquiries directed to the center shall be cared for. The Red Cross shall control the evacuation center after it has all been established.
Phone: (N/A) -N/A
- WV Division of Environmental Protection
Phone: (800) 654-3312