| ||Information || |
|ID Number: ||1211-WV04-40470-01 |
|View Quick Emergency Plan |
|View Detailed Emergency Plan (PDF) |
|Owner: ||Elk Run Coal Company |
Other impoundments listed for this owner
|Height: ||410 ft |
|Maximum Capacity:> ||2,360 acre-feet |
769.0 million gallons
|Latitude: ||38° 00' 24 |
|Longitude: ||81° 34' 15 |
|Inspections: ||weekly |
|DEP Classification: ||Class C Dam |
|Last Revision: ||2/28/1998 |
|Emergency Numbers: ||Elk Run Coal Company |
|Additional Information: || Detailed Interactive Map (When using the interactive map be sure to maximize the window, click find on the top menu, and then simply type in the name of the impoundment you are interested in. Next, click the button entitled find string. Finally, click the linked number to the left of the impoundment name.) |
|Remarks: || ||
| ||Quick Emergency Plan || |
Location: SYLVESTER BOONE, WV
Impoundment Identification Number: 1211-WV04-40470-01
- Elk Run Coal Company - (304) 854-1890
- Mine Safety and Health Administration Hotline: - (800) 746-1554
- Kanawha County Sheriff's Department - (304) 357-0191
- Boone County Sheriff's Department - (304) 369-7340
- Kanawha County Office of Emergency Services - (304) 357-0191
- Boone County Office of Emergency Services - (301) 369-7273
In Case of Evacuation
- In an emergency evacuation, citizens of Boone and Kanawha Counties will be notified and given instruction by the Boone County and Kanawha County Sheriff's Departments. Notification will be given personally or by loudspeaker or bullhorn. Citizens are requested to follow the evacuation routes identified on the map shown.
- The Boone County and Kanawha County Offices of Emergency Services will be the agencies in charge once evacuation procedures have begun.
- Road blocks will be established to assist in the evacuation process.
- Citizens should report to the following locations based on the evacuation zones:
a. Zone 1 will report to N/A.
b. Zone 2 will report to N/A.
c. Zone 3 will report to N/A.
- Transportation will be provided to those evacuees who are in need of it. This will be the responsibility of the Boone County Office of Emergency Services and Sheriff's Department and the Kanawha County Office of Emergency Services and Sheriff's Department.
Actions and Responsibilities of First Responders in Case of Evacuation
- Notification of downstream persons.
- Transportation of evacuees with priority to the infirm or disabled.
- Establish command post at Sylvester School for directing emergency operations, all cooperating agencies and coordinate efforts.
- Setup roadblocks to prevent unauthorized access.
- Establish evacuation centers at N/A (Zone 1), N/A (Zone 2), and N/A (Zone 3).
- Team leaders will be established for each zone. The Boone County Office of Emergency Services and Kanawha County Office of Emergency Services will assign these team leaders.
- The Boone County Sheriff's Department shall have charge of evacuation centers #1 and #2 and Kanawha County Sheriff's Departments shall have charge of evacuation center #3 to ensure that all evacuees have registered and that all inquiries directed to the center shall be cared for. The Red Cross shall control evacuation centers after they are established.
- Bob Morehead
Elk Run Coal Company
Phone: (304) 854-3319
Alternate Phone: (304) 854-1890
- Tim Tyree
Elk Run Coal Company
Phone: (304) 854-1890
Alternate Phone: (304) 877-5929