| ||Information || |
|ID Number: ||1211-WV03-00095-02 |
|View Quick Emergency Plan |
|View Detailed Emergency Plan (PDF) |
|Owner: ||Consolidation Coal Company |
Other impoundments listed for this owner
|Height: ||151 |
|Maximum Capacity:> ||533 acre-feet |
|Latitude: ||40°00'50 |
|Longitude: ||80°42'59 |
|Inspections: ||weekly |
|DEP Classification: ||Class C Dam |
|Last Revision: ||1/26/2004 |
|Emergency Numbers: ||WV Department of Environmental Protection |
(304) 457-3219Ext. null
Marshall County Offices of Emergency Services
(304) 843-1500Ext. null
|Additional Information: || Detailed Interactive Map (When using the interactive map be sure to maximize the window, click find on the top menu, and then simply type in the name of the impoundment you are interested in. Next, click the button entitled find string. Finally, click the linked number to the left of the impoundment name.) |
|Remarks: || ||
| ||Quick Emergency Plan || |
Location: BENWOOD MARSHALL, WV
Impoundment Identification Number: 1211-WV03-00095-02
- WV Department of Environmental Protection - (304) 457-3219 Ext. null
- Marshall County Offices of Emergency Services - (304) 843-1500 Ext. null
- Marshall County Sheriff's Department - (304) 843-1500 Ext. null
- Mine Safety and Health Administration - (304) 225-6800 Ext. null
- Marshall County Office of Emergency Services - (304) 843-1500 Ext. null
- Consol's Communication Center - (304) 843-3513 Ext. null
In Case of Evacuation
- Evacuation of the residents in the Brown's Run and Bogg's Run as depicted on the attached 1" = 2000' USGS Topographic Map (Exhibit "A": Page 20) will proceed according to the county emergency operations plan.
- Roadblocks will be set up immediately at points indicated on Exhibit "A" to prevent unauthorized entry into the area and maintain security of the area.
- An official of the Marshall County Office of Emergency Services will direct the evacuation procedures, i.e., communications, transportation and shelter of evacuees, and notification of aiding agencies and critical utilities according to the county emergency operations plan
Actions and Responsibilities of First Responders in Case of Evacuation
- The County OES Director, County Sheriff or officials of cooperating State Police agencies will establish command post, direct emergency operations, direct ranking officer, or coordinate effort.
- Evacuees will be transported with priority to the infirm or disabled.
- Police will secure area to prevent looting.
- Roadblocks will be set up around the evacuation area as shown on the map to prevent unauthorized access and looting.
- Location of evacuation centers will be established(not below dam).
- Agencies in charge of evacuation centers, including flood, will handle inquiries on status of evacuees.
- Utilities will be notified: Telephone, Electric, Gas, Water, Sewage, Dept. of Highways, Railroad (if applicable).
, General Plant Foreman
Shoemaker Preparation Plant
Phone: (304) 238-1532
Alternate Phone: (304) 843-3513
- Ervin Anderson
, Site Project Engineer
Consolidation Coal Company
Phone: (304) 843-3540
Cell Phone: (304) 670-4626